Monday, January 2, 2012

Rant

Why is it the media gets all excited when politicians cooperate and work together to get a bill passed that is supposed to help the country? Isn't this their JOB?! Can you imagine any other profession where a big deal would be made out of cooperation? I thought cooperation was an important job skill for the the 21st century! The exception should be shocking, not the expected behavior.

Why is it okay to lay-off teachers and other public service workers when the number one goal of Michigan's governor is to create jobs? Why don't those jobs count? I read other recoveries were propelled by job creation in the public sector. Don't you wonder if this recovery is stalled because the public sector is shrinking? By the way, how are your public services these days? We don't get our streets plowed in the winter any more. We have way fewer county sherrifs on the road. Fewer police and fire fighters. Feeling safer these days?

Why can't we respect each other's role? Public and private sectors each have an important role to play in our society. I think they deserve the same amount of respect. I worked hard as a teacher and served the community. Why should I feel like I am a second class citizen? I did not create this recession or put our country in debt over a trillion dollars. I always paid my taxes and my house payment and all of my bills.

Why are Wall Street and the big bankers allowed to destroy our economy and absolutely no one goes to jail for his wrong doings? Yet my portfolio is decimated and every penny of equity I had in my house is gone and I still have to make my house payment and pay my bills.

Why won't Bank of American sell my mortgage so I can qualify for one of the government programs that were created to help homeowners whose mortgages are underwater? Am I penalized again for paying my bills?

Why can Congress dictate what our health care system can and cannot be, yet they don't participate because they have free health care for the rest of their lives? Why do they get a say about social security when they have full pay in retirement and don't receive social security? I would give up social security, too, for full wages during retirement.

Why is life so damn unfair?!

No comments:

Post a Comment