Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Creating

I love the creative process. It doesn't matter if I am creating a powerpoint presentation for work or decorating our home or planting my flowers or writing. It is all the same process to me. It is another interpretation of who I am.
While creating a powerpoint presentation the other day, I found myself dwelling for long periods of time on the words on each slide and the clip art I should use that would depict what is represented in words. I created a new graphic for the whole presentation. I find this process satisfying. I like doing it. I like creating.
We use our dining room as an office. It is command central in our home. We both spend lots of time there at the computer. For the last seven years, we had a corner desk with two side desks. The three pieces hugged the walls and window.
Last weekend we took it apart and turned it around. We could only keep two pieces of the desk together. It looks like a new room - more like an office and some of the clutter is hidden. I like looking at a space and seeing it differently, not an easy thing for me to do.
Sometimes I get stuck. I may put a decoration in a certain place and there it sits forever. I seem to look past it. Then one day I am struck by how wrong it looks and move it. I try to walk around the house and see it with new eyes.
Last year I had many of our bushes removed. Now in the spring I will create a new look. I already planted an additional tulip bulbs. Can't wait to see them bloom in the spring. The way the weather has been they could arrive very early!
This blog helps me to discipline myself to write. I struggle with this creative process, too. I keep looking for something that comes easily to me, but I can't find it.
Maybe that is part of the creative process - the struggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment